Refresh for new random facts
1. Conveniently, credit card companies are all headquartered in states with high or no cap on interest rates such as Utah, South Dakota, and Delaware.
2. The waterproof disposable diaper was first invented in 1951 by Marion Donovan, using only a sewing machine and a shower curtain.
3. Contrary to common belief, the name Haagen-Dazs is not European, it is simply two made-up words meant to look European
4. Producers of American whiskey originated the term "brand name," because they branded their names on the barrels they shipped out.
5. Sara Lee is named for the daughter of Chicago bakery owner Charles Lubvin. He first named a cheesecake after his daughter, then in 1951 his company.
6. J.C. Penney's initials stand for James Cash, founder of the store chain in 1902.
7. The top three most valuable brands in the world in order of their value are Marlboro, Coca Cola and Budweiser.
8. The first words heard over the newly invented telephone were, "Mr. Watson, come here. I want you!" when Alexander Graham Bell spilled acid on his trousers.
9. It took about 95 minutes to construct a Model T Ford in 1914.
10. The U.S. steel industry introduced the 5 Day, 40 hour work week in 1923.