Refresh for new random facts
1. Fortune cookies were invented in America, in 1918, by Charles Jung.
2. Philip Morris, the first owner of the Marlboro brand, died of lung cancer.
3. The first words heard over the newly invented telephone were, "Mr. Watson, come here. I want you!" when Alexander Graham Bell spilled acid on his trousers.
4. All of automaker Henry Ford's cars were black until 1925, when he introduced two new colors, green and maroon.
5. With 535, Edwin Land, inventor of the Polaroid camera, is second to only Thomas Edison for U.S. patents awarded for inventions...He trails him by a measly 558.
6. The sale of antacids increases by 20% the day after the Super Bowl.
7. Dr. Pepper founder Charles Alderton named his drink after the father of a girl he was dating, Dr. Charles Kenneth Pepper.
8. The soft drink industry spends more than $100 million a year in stopping thefts involving their vending machines.
9. Con Edison is the longest tenured listing on the New York Stock Exchange, first listed in 1824 as the New York Gas Light Company.
10. The common phrase "Often a bridesmaid but never a bride" originates from a Listerine advertisement written by Milton Feasley in the 1920's.