Refresh for new random facts
1. The first Ford cars had engines made by Dodge.
2. Frozen food entrepreneur Clarence Birdseye also invented a recoilless harpoon for whaling and a fast process for converting sugar cane waste into paper pulp.
3. Before its name was changed in 1924, IBM was known as C-T-R, or Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company.
4. The S.O.S. brand of steel-wool soap pads, stands for "Save Our Saucepans."
5. American Express started off as a shipping company in 1850, shipping financial products across the United States; their first credit card wasn't issued until 1958.
6. Ajax cleanser was the first company to use animated characters in its television commercials.
7. Oil magnate John D. Rockefeller would be worth upwards of $300 Billion in today's dollars, adjusted for inflation.
8. Believe it or not, the shopping cart wasn't invented until 1937, by Oklahoma grocery store owner Sylvan Goldman, who had only an 8th grade education. The design was based on a wooden folding chair.
9. The sale of antacids increases by 20% the day after the Super Bowl.
10. Iceland consumes more Coca-Cola per capita than any other nation.