Refresh for new random facts
1. Thomas Jefferson invented the first hideaway bed ever patented in the United States.
2. The top three most valuable brands in the world in order of their value are Marlboro, Coca Cola and Budweiser.
3. The Mall, the biggest departmental store in Washington, D. C. is 1.4 times bigger than the Vatican City.
4. One of the twelve original companies listed on the Dow Jones Industrial Average in 1896 was Distilling & Cattle Feeding Whiskey Trust...believe it or not.
5. Visa was originally called BankAmericard, a card offered by Bank of America in 1958 in California.
6. Henry Ford invented the charcoal briquettes that are commonly used by the grilling enthusiasts of today, to make use of scrap wood left over in the manufacture of the Model T.
7. The sale of antacids increases by 20% the day after the Super Bowl.
8. The S.O.S. brand of steel-wool soap pads, stands for "Save Our Saucepans."
9. Cadillac was named after the 18th century French explorer Antoine Laumet de la Mothe, sieur de Cadillac, founder of Detroit, Michigan.
10. Oil magnate John D. Rockefeller would be worth upwards of $300 Billion in today's dollars, adjusted for inflation.