Refresh for new random facts
1. Car magnate Henry Ford would be worth around $200 Billion in today's dollars, adjusted for inflation.
2. Cadillac was named after the 18th century French explorer Antoine Laumet de la Mothe, sieur de Cadillac, founder of Detroit, Michigan.
3. Diners Club issued its first card to only two hundred customers and it could only be used at twenty seven restaurants in New York City.
4. The refrigerator won first prize at the Paris International Exposition in 1937. It was designed for Sears, Roebuck and Company by visionary engineer Raymond Loewy.
5. The Mall, the biggest departmental store in Washington, D. C. is 1.4 times bigger than the Vatican City.
6. The sale of antacids increases by 20% the day after the Super Bowl.
7. Sara Lee is named for the daughter of Chicago bakery owner Charles Lubvin. He first named a cheesecake after his daughter, then in 1951 his company.
8. Ajax cleanser was the first company to use animated characters in its television commercials.
9. The soft drink industry spends more than $100 million a year in stopping thefts involving their vending machines.
10. Dr. Pepper founder Charles Alderton named his drink after the father of a girl he was dating, Dr. Charles Kenneth Pepper.